Wisconsin Department of Transportation and DOT Audits.
Some requirements by the Department of Transportation DOT Audit. Is your company ready for a DOT Audit? We can perform a mock DOT/OSHA Audit for your company, see Mock Audit below. Here are some things to consider:
- CSA 2014 Training program now available. Learn more about CSA 2010
- Updated company list of employees given to your random drug testing coordinator.
- FMCSR regulations are complex and difficult to interpret and non – compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations FMCSR regulations can result in thousands of dollars in fines or even shut your transportation company down. New Compliance Safety Accountability ( CSA 2010 ) will be changing how the DOT monitors motor carriers and NOW motor carriers and DRIVERS will be held accountable. New enforcement rules will effect every company currently regulated by the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulation (FMCSR ). CRS Wisconsin, Compliance Regulatory Services can help you survive your next compliance review.
- New employees must be drug tested prior to their employment in safety sensitive functions.
- Supervisors must be trained properly on alcohol drug testing procedures and policy with education materials readily available.
- Employees violating drug testing policy or refuse to take drug urine test, must be referred to a drug alcohol substance abuse professional SAP.
- Department of Transportation DOT requires a drug policy readily available showcasing your drug testing program policy along with DOT Operating administration regulations for your drug policy program.
- Wisconsin currently is the only state that has adapted the Project Work / Prevailing Wage mandatory drug and alcohol testing program, Wisconsin Act 181. Requiring anyone getting paid the prevailing wage to be enrolled into a alcohol, drug testing program even if they do not have a CDL.
- CRS randomly selects employees enrolled into their drug testing programs for drug tests to create a drug free workplace.
Mock Audit: after conducting our “mock” audit of your company’s compliance we provide a detailed report of findings to assist your company in its compliance of the regulations. This should be done prior to an audit conducted by the DOT.
Remediation of non-compliance with DOT regulations is also a service we provide. CRS Wisconsin can get you back on the right track. We can help, if your company: has been fined, received a conditional or unsatisfactory rating. Please contact the office if we can assit you.
- How can we assit you:
- reduce or eliminate fines
- request a rating increase
CRS Wisconsin DOT Audit consultant assists clients in obtaining proper safety measurement control. Professional Safety consultants will help your company minimize on the job accidents, injuries and fatalities in the workplace as well as compliance with CDL drug testing regulations.
We also offer the following DOT operating authority. All new company start ups will receive all folders needed for your Compliance Review.
- DOT number and updates
- WI LC Application
- WI MC Application
- WI LLC Application
- BOC 3
- UCR Registration
Click Safety Audit Guidebook for a DOT Audit Guide. This will walk you through the audit preparation process and provide the list of documents the DOT will want to see. Click the following link if you are looking for the link to the New Entrant audit page for the DOT. After reading through the information, please contact our office if you have questions or are having trouble with the system.
Click the link below to download and read the Safety Audit Resource Guide